The EISA is functioning based on its constitution. The governing body is the General Assembly (GA), which elects the seven member Steering Committee (SC). The president, the secretary and the cachier of the EISA form the three member Executive Secretariat (ES) and they are elected by the SC. Presently the Executive Secretariat of the EISA consists of:
- ◼ George Zoupanos, Professor of Theoretical Physics, Physics Department, School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences, NTU Athens, President
- ◼ Nikolaos Irges, Associate Professor of Theoretical Physics, Physics Department, School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences, NTU Athens, Cashier
The position of the secretary of EISA is currently not filled. It was held by Professor Ioannis Bakas of the NTU Athens, who passed away in 2016.
The General Assembly is formed by the members of the EISA, which are:
- ◼ Greek Local and Regional Authorities
- ◼ EU Research Institutions and Univeristies
- ◼ Internationally acclaimed scientists actively pursuing the goals of the EISA
The scientific activities of the EISA are overseen by the International Scientific Committee (ISC), which is an advising body on the organization of the scientific events of the EISA.
If you want to contact the EISA or any of its members, please visit the contact information page.